Women who Build: Kanika Mayar, Partner, Vertex Ventures on Late to Early Stage Investing, Healthcare in India, Finding Answers to Hard Problems and Investing in Deep Markets
Many of us who start our careers in investment banking get drawn towards startup investing. But there are several stages to this investing - early, growth, and late. Kanika Mayar brings her unique experience of investment banking at Goldman Sachs and startup investing across all stages at IFC and now at Vertex Ventures Southeast Asia & India.
Some of her notable investments include Proactive for Her, Karkhana.io, and Kapiva, amongst others. Kanika is a Senior Executive Director at Vertex. Prior to this, at IFC, she focused on investing in early-stage technology, telecom, renewable energy, and infrastructure companies across India and South Asia. At Goldman Sachs, she covered transactions in natural resources in Europe.
Kanika holds a Bachelor in Economics from the Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi University and an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
In this episode of Women who Build, we will learn:
- From late-stage to early-stage investing - how to identify what you like?
- Deep markets - what they are and identifying companies in these markets.
- Identifying category creators within sectors.
- Differentiating between different agritech models and white spaces in the sector.
- Market of D2C enablers.
- How to get answers to questions - why rank of a person does/should not matter?!
- Inspiring young founders of today!
Listen to the podcast episode here: Women who Build: Kanika Mayar, Partner, Vertex Ventures on Late to Early Stage Investing, Healthcare in India, Finding Answers to Hard Problems and Investing in Deep Markets
For the latest news on Vertex Ventures SE Asia and India and our portfolio companies, follow us on Linkedin or subscribe to our monthly newsletter.