Our ESG Policy
Vertex Ventures Southeast Asia & India will facilitate the integration of environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) considerations into the overall investment processes through our ESG Management System (ESG-MS) and specifically through the following policy commitments:
● consider environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) issues associated with target companies when evaluating whether to invest in a particular company or entity, as well as during the period of ownership.
● be accessible to, and engage with, relevant stakeholders either directly or through representatives of our portfolio companies, as appropriate. We will endeavour to communicate and address our concerns on ESG-related risks and opportunities.
● avoid or minimise adverse ESG impacts and enhance positive outcomes through effective ESG management.
● committed to comply with Applicable ESG Requirements, including the IFC Performance Standards (for Category B investments) and applicable national, state, and local labour laws in the countries in which we invest; support the payment of competitive wages and benefits to employees; provide a safe and healthy workplace in conformance with national and local law.
● respect the human rights of employees of the portfolio and will not invest in companies that utilize child or forced labour or maintain discriminatory policies.
● endeavour to provide timely information to our limited partners on the matters addressed herein.
● encourage our portfolio companies to advance these same principles in a way that is consistent with their fiduciary duties. [object Object]7. follow the general principle of “Good governance must be guided by both doing right and doing good, and thereby doing well for the companies over the long term.”
Our Partners and investment team shall adhere to these policy commitments through the implementation of our ESG-MS during the sourcing and evaluation of potential investments and the monitoring of portfolio companies post-investment.
The key ESG issues covered by this policy include:
● Environment – energy consumption, pollution prevention, climate change, waste management, natural resource preservation, animal welfare etc
● Social – human rights, child and forced labour, community engagement, job creation, health and safety, internal and external stakeholder relations
● Governance – quality of management, board independence, conflicts of interest, executive compensation, transparency & disclosure, shareholder rights.
For ESG related inquiries, please email
Vertex Ventures SEA & India Newsletter
Stay updated via Our Newsletter